Moonshine Boyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign

5 posters

Go down

A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign Empty A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign

Post  Inquisitor Gribardson Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Landren, a world recently rediscovered and populated with small feudal nations on its 5 continents. The Explorators did not make contact; instead, they hovered in orbit around the planet observing. Although there was some evidence of xenos technology, the populace did not seem tainted enough to purge by fire. However, in the last few months, large meteorites and small asteroids have been hitting the atmosphere and plummeting to the ground.

Throughout the land are several areas filled with ancient and arcane ruins, but hidden within them, ancient power and artifacts. That power calls through the warp and has been answered by members of at least 2 Chaos Legions.

Hearing about the new world, Imperial Commanders requested aid from many Space Marine Chapters. Of the many contacted, 2 responded with troops. Already 2 Strike Cruisers, one from each Chapter, race to Landren.

Ever the bane of the Imperium, Orks have been on Landren for Millennia, though feral in nature. Very recently, the Orks have been more active and have been wielding advanced weaponry that has never been seen by the natives of Landren.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the first week of the July Campain: A Canticle for Landren. During this 4 week campaign throughout July you will play at least 3 different opponents. The final week, you might play against someone you have already played depending on standings and storyline.

This is how it will work: Each week you will be assigned points value, an opponent and a scenario. After that, you can make your army. So yes you can tailor your army to who your opponent is AND what the scenario is. Then, you will arrange with your opponent on day, time and location to play. After the game, both players should post the results, and preferably with a lil storyline attached. Also Characters should be named (Aspiring Champs, Vet Sgts, Nobs as well as the Independents).

So, here we are for the first week.

Opponents:
Mike’s CSM (Defender) v. Gregson’s SM (Attacker)
Fletch’s CSM (Defender) v. Ben’s Orks (Attacker)
Jason’s CSM (Defender) v. Matt’s SM (Attacker) (If someone else wants in the campaign before the game, they will take my spot).

Scenario:
Attacker – Your forces have landed on Landren, however, you auguries have detected an enemy camp near your landing zone. A recon force has been sent to observe and then disrupt the enemy camp.
Objective – Destroy as many bunkers as possible (2 pts per). Bonus Objective – Capture the enemy Commander. To capture him, you must “kill” him in close combat.

Defender – You have been on Landren for a day now and have begun searching for the arcane artifacts that were detected through the Warp. As such, most of your forces are away from the base camp.
Objective – Protect the camp. 2 points per bunker still standing. Bonus Objective – Destroy Enemy’s highest point unit (not including attached Independent Characters)

Setup: Set terrain to mutually agreeable on table. Roll for sides. Long table edges, no more than 12” in. Defender Places at least 1, but no more than 4 bunkers (any building will do) in his deployment zone. Defender places his units first. Attacker has first turn, though Defender can Seize the Initiative.

Force Selection – 1000 points
Attacker – Required: 1 Troop, 2 Fast Attack. Max: 1 HQ, 2 Elite, 4 Troops, 3 Fast Attack, 1 Hvy Support. No Drop Pods, or Deep Strike, even if normally allowed.
Defender- Required 1 HQ, 2 Troop. Max: 2 HQ, 1 Elite, 6 Troops, 1 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support. No Deep Strike, No Summoned Daemons.

In case of a tie, whomever completes the Bonus Objective wins. If both do, then whoever completed it first. If that is the same, then attackers win.

Inquisitor Gribardson
Admin

Heretics convicted : 95

Back to top Go down

A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign Empty Re: A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign

Post  Warboss Garfrag Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Is that starting this weekend if so can Fletch and I do this thursday or next thursday as i will be going to my parents house this weekend.

Ben
Warboss Garfrag
Warboss Garfrag
Marine

Heretics convicted : 34

Back to top Go down

A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign Empty Re: A Canticle for Landren- July Campaign

Post  Inquisitor Gribardson Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes it starts the 1st, and ends the following Tuesday.

Inquisitor Gribardson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littleboyblues Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:31 pm

I lost!

One of my 10x tactical squads now has Tank Hunters and went down the Shooty veteran path.
littleboyblues
littleboyblues
Marine

Heretics convicted : 59

Back to top Go down

Post  systemfailure698 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:45 pm

my defiler can re-roll dangerous terrain now, it only cost him 3 of his 4 limbs, and my termies can counter-attack
systemfailure698
systemfailure698
Scout

Heretics convicted : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fletch Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:12 pm

my marine with flamers are fearless now( if i take my veteran ones) i lost my game.

Fletch
Scout

Heretics convicted : 36

Back to top Go down

Post  Inquisitor Gribardson Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:31 pm

systemfailure698 wrote:my defiler can re-roll dangerous terrain now, it only cost him 3 of his 4 limbs, and my termies can counter-attack

Doesnt a defiler have more than 4 limbs?

Inquisitor Gribardson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  systemfailure698 Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:05 am

Inquisitor Gribardson wrote:
systemfailure698 wrote:my defiler can re-roll dangerous terrain now, it only cost him 3 of his 4 limbs, and my termies can counter-attack

Doesnt a defiler have more than 4 limbs?

3 of 4 close combat weapons...sorry
systemfailure698
systemfailure698
Scout

Heretics convicted : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Inquisitor Gribardson Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:16 pm

I will have full results and such in the next day or two, however rankings are

1. Jason (All bunkers safe, bonus objective achieved, prevented opponent from achieving bonus objective) 8 pts
2. John Mark (All bunkers destroyed, achieved bonus objective, failed to prevent opponent from achieving bonus objective) 7 pts
3. Ben (2 bunkers destroyed, achieved bonus objective, not sure about bonus objective) 5 pts
4. Fletch (Protected 1 bunker, not sure about bonus objective, failed to prevent opponent from achieving bonus objective). 2pts
5. Mike (Failed to protect any bunker, achieved bonus objective, failed to prevent opponent from achieving bonus objective) 1 pt
6. Matt (Failed to destroy a bunker, failed bonus objective, failed to prevent opponent from achieving bonus objective) 0 pts

For the next round, to prevent me from say putting myself up against Mike, I will be doing a draw for next round. Also, I will post up the campaign tree, with all the possible missions, so it does not look like I am pulling stuff out of my ass.

Inquisitor Gribardson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Garfrag Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 am

Fletch and I both got the bonus objective. I got the commander before he got my most expensive unit.

Killer Kans got a +1 BS(they now have a BS 4)
A unit of Shoota Boyz are now Fearless (WHOOPEE)

Ben
Warboss Garfrag
Warboss Garfrag
Marine

Heretics convicted : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down